Sunday, April 06, 2008

Uli's Woolies

Well... after many many months of people asking where I got Uli's wool pants, BDP talked me into carrying business cards to hand out for interested users. Not only does it give people my contact info to buy the pants (a.k.a. 'longies'), but it offers me a way to start a little business on the side and make a little cash (it also serves to fuel my campaign to cloth diaper all babies)! I have been a little reluctant to initiate this for two reasons: I don't want to be too commited to something, nor do I want to get crushed when I fail to attract any business. I can tell you I am a bit nervous even writing this post, as it makes the thing that much more real.

We chose a name this afternoon, and its really cute. We are going to register the domain name this afternoon, and I think that I will probably ask a dear friend ('brotha!') to create my website. I need to take some pics of what I have made to date, and then get crankin on the crochet hook. My niche will be organic soakers and longies. It may take some doing, since organic wool is expensive. I may also need to learn how to dye the yarn, as my preliminary research hasn't revealed a whole lot of options for colors in organic wool!

So, be on the look out for my new business and website: www.uliswoolies.com.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

De Lorme Family said...

Good for you! Wishing you all the best of luck. I think it's a great idea. Here is Jason's Aunt website, she does all her owen yarn, she has a farm of sheep and dyes it all and everything. There might be some info on there or you can even contact her, her name is Donna. Her website is not complete, working progress ;-)
http://www.fourdirectionsweaving.com/aboutnatdyes/aboutnatdyes.htm