Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Yes, I probably would have enjoyed a day to myself.  A day to go get a facial, get my toes painted, and really just relax and clear my aura. Alas, I did not get that today. Instead, I got a lovely day with both my son and husband, as we hiked Mount Monadnock in awesome 65 degree sunshine. Although the hike illustrated my lack of fitness and my desperate need to gain it back before we head to Crested Butte in two months, it really was fun and great to get the body moving.

The Boy was relatively cooperative, with the only whining occurring at the beginning of the hike, which was cured by a quick trail-side snack. Otherwise, he was kind of chatty and then quite interested in all the rock and dirt at the summit. He then snoozed almost all of the descent (pics to follow). The only part he didn't like was the ride home, which apparently bored him to tears (literally). I was demoted to the back of the bus, and put on my entertainer hat while I sang to 'Here Come the 123's.' 

After lunch at the Summit of Monadnock.
Studying the dirt and grass at the summit. Uli chewed on some rocks and things before getting himself completely soaked from crawling around on the wet grass.

Hiking down to the car is a lot of work.

No comments: