Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Getting Anxious!

I recently had the opportunity to meet my friend's newborn son, Lochlan. He was a long time coming, and Miss Melissa was quite anxious to meet him, as he was a bit overdue according to most calculations. He is just the most precious thing in the world - he even has red hair like his Momma. I just love babies...

Lochlan: planned homebirths make happy babies...

Meeting Lochlan sent me into a little tailspin this week, as I started to get nervous that I am not ready for our birth! I spent quite a bit of time late last week ordering most of the stuff I will need for the birth, and now I am picking the diaper supplies off the list slowly. The last on the list are the new clothes I will need in order to nurse my little guy. I think I have a little resistance building on that one, even though I fully intend to nurse.

My dogs seem especially needy these days. Nemo has developed a new form of speech beyond his typical muted bark, which seems incredibly dramatic and desperate. Lady needs more of my attention as well, which is out of character for her. Maybe they can sense that the time is coming soon?


Preview to this weekend - BDP on top of the podium! (Brialee First Place)


Chimp Daddy and I are headed to Mt. Snow, Vermont this weekend for the Mountain Bike Nationals Race. Should be a good time. Vermont is going to be uncharacteristically cool this weekend, which should add a different edge to this race. Can't wait to watch. Hopefully we'll get some good pics of the race (and maybe of me, too), so look for another update soon!

No comments: