Saturday, April 19, 2008

First Real Ride in quite some time...

My last real mountain bike ride was a lovely winter ride in Callahan State Forest in January 2007. Despite being pregnant and needing to keep my heart rate low, it was a stellar ride. Crisp, clean air, and awesome trails that we had all to ourselves. It has been 15 months since that ride.

Today was a good day to hit the single track. It was an amazing day - bright blue skies, and temps in the 70's. After BDP got home from his 2.5 hour ride, I put to baby to bed and promptly put the rubber to the road. I was sooooo happy. I rode out from our house to Upton State Forest, and did a short little stretch of single track. I was gone for just over an hour, and boy do I feel it. 15 months off the bike really take their toll! This was the first time I had ridden my bike since it got all of its upgrades: I9 wheels, disc brakes, and purdy pink cable housing. My husband even had pink flower stickers made with my name on them to put on the bike. 

So, now its time to get the miles in before we head to Crested Butte. 

I also want to tell everyone how happy I am that its finally getting nice here. I got the season's first sun burn yesterday as I worked out in the front yard. I feel ALIVE! My son slept for two hours yesterday and again for an hour and half this morning, which allowed me to transplant three bushes and re-do my walkway. What an accommodating boy.

Enjoy the weather ya'll. I know we will.

No comments: